Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Paintings from Grotto Falls, Great Smokey Mountains National Park


These are two paintings that I recently painted from Grotto Falls
in the Great Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.  We took a strenuous hike up the mountain to where the falls was located, and then were able to not only walk up close to the falls, but behind where it was falling from above as well.  Spectacular is the word I'd use to describe how it felt being behind the falls, and hearing the loud rush of the water falling, breathing in the humind lush mountain air, and feeling the spray of the Falls all around and on us.  I'd recommend this trip to anyone who could possibly make it there!

I loved painting these two paintings and long to complete more of the same location.  I actually can vividly remember how I felt while there, which makes painting them something I'd love to do more of.  Maybe a "Series" is in order?????

No comments:

Post a Comment