Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thoughts from my artist “Mentor” in the ProDJ Program


I am very proud and fortunate to be able to be working with Master Oil Painter, Kevin Macpherson in his online ProDJ Program.  From time to time, I will share on this page some helpful comments or suggestions he might give us.  The quote below is from recent comments he shared with us that I thought were great!
 “I expect many of you to move a step forward and two backwards.  We are filling your heads with a lot of new information, perhaps overwhelming at times.  No longer is it idol brush stroking but now we stroke with intention and conscious consideration.  This is not easy.  To make a good painting is not easy.  The ability to make wise, educated decisions is essential to a successful painting. You are the one who is ultimately responsible for your artistic growth.  My goal is to give you learning experiences that will inspire you for the rest of your lives.  I hope to instill in the artist the sheer joy of painting and a love for lifelong learning.”

Kevin Macpherson

No comments:

Post a Comment